Mercy Robotic Surgery
Cystectomy is a surgical procedure that is performed to remove all or part of a patient’s cancerous bladder, as well as any infected nearby lymph nodes or organs. A traditional open cystectomy procedure involves making a large abdominal incision while the less invasive laparoscopic approach limits the surgeon’s dexterity, control and field of vision.
If your urologist recommends that your bladder cancer treatment program include surgery and you are a candidate for the daVinci Surgical System approach you are likely to experience numerous benefits including:
- less pain
- less scarring
- faster return of sexual function
- faster return of urinary continence
- lower risk of long-term complications
- lower risk of wound infection
- less blood loss
- faster return to normal daily activities
Dr. Greg Haselhuhn explains a Robotic Cystectomy.