Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
Two Cheese Pizza (makes 4 servings)
Whole wheat flour
1 10-ounce can refrigerated pizza crust
2 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup low-fat ricotta cheese
½ teaspoon dried basil
1 small onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
4 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 cups chopped mushrooms
1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F.
- Spread whole-wheat flour over working surface. Roll out
dough with rolling pin to desired crust thickness.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray. Transfer pizza
crust to cookie sheet. Brush olive oil over crust.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the dried basil, onion,
garlic, and salt; spread this mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle crust with mozzarella cheese. Top cheese with
mushrooms and red pepper.
- Bake at 425 F. for 13 to 15 minutes until cheese melts
and crust is deep golden brown.
- Cut into 8 slices.
Nutritional information per
National Diabetes Association Program Recipe and Meal Planner Guide