Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
Barbecued Chicken, Spicy Southern Style
When you feel the urge for barbecued chicken this summer, try this recipe.
5 tablespoons (3 ounces) tomato paste
1 teaspoon ketchup
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon molasses
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
4 teaspoons white vinegar
¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon onion powder
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon ginger, grated
1 ½ pounds chicken (breasts or drumsticks), skinned
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Place it on large platter and
brush with half of sauce mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator
for 1 hour.
- Place chicken on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil
and broil for 10 minutes on each side to seal in juices.
- Turn oven to 350 degrees F. and add remaining sauce to
chicken. Cover chicken with aluminum foil and continue baking for 30 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings. One serving equals ½ breast or two small drumsticks.
||less than one gram
Keep the Beat: Heart Healthy Recipes, National Heart, Lung,
and Blood Association.