Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
Lemon Dijon Salmon
Makes 2 servings.
Canola cooking spray
2 salmon steaks (about 6 inches each)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Garlic salt (about ½ teaspoon)
Freshly ground black pepper
½ onion, thinly sliced
About 2 to 3 teaspoons of capers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 9-inch pie plate
with a large sheet of foil (enough so it can be wrapped back over the fish and
sealed) and spray foil generously with canola cooking spray. Layer salmon
steaks in prepared pan.
- Spread fish steaks evenly with Dijon mustard.
- Sprinkle fish steaks with garlic salt and ground pepper
to your liking.
- Lay thinly sliced onion over the top.
- Squeeze lemon over the top of the salmon and sprinkle
capers over the top.
- Wrap edges of foil over the top of fish and seal edges
together. Bake about 15 minutes. Open foil and let bake about 5 minutes more
or until salmon is cooked throughout.
- Serve with steamed rice or cooked pasta and some
Per serving when served with ¾ cup steamed rice and a cup of broccoli: 475
calories, 38.5 g protein, 56 g carbohydrate, 11 g fat, 1.7 g saturated fat, 80
mg cholesterol, 6.5 g fiber, 720 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 21 percent. 5.5
grams omega-3 fatty acids.
Magee, E. Tell Me what to Eat if I have Diabetes. The Career Press,
Franklin, New Jersey; 1999.