Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
High in Flavor, Low in Fat Chicken and Broccoli Bake
This is a great recipe for heart health. It’s low in
sodium, has plenty of fiber, and provides you with important minerals such as
calcium, potassium and magnesium.
1 pound frozen chopped broccoli
1 cup finely chopped onions
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup cubed cooked white chicken meat without skin
1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts
½ cup fat-free sour cream
1 tablespoon fat free milk
1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¾ teaspoon Paprika
- Place the broccoli in a baking dish with the onion,
garlic and pepper, spreading out the ingredients to cover the surface.
- Cover tightly and microwave on high, until the
vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken and water chestnuts evenly on top of
- Cover with wax paper and microwave on high for 3
- Ina small mixing bowl, stir the sour cream and milk
together; pour evenly over the chicken and broccoli.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses and paprika.
- Cover with wax paper again and microwave on medium-high,
until the cheeses are melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
Makes 4 servings. Serving size 1½ cup.
Total fat: 6 grams
Saturated fat: 3 grams
Cholesterol: 41 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 21 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 477 milligrams
Calcium: 440 milligrams
Magnesium: 51 milligrams
Potassium: 556 milligrams
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, DASH