Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Quesadillas
10 ounces pumpkin puree, drained
2 teaspoons cumin
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
4 to 6 large plain gluten-free tortilla shells or corn tortillas
½ cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (soy Monterey Jack can be substituted)
1 egg, lightly beaten with 2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix pumpkin, cumin, cilantro, scallions, salt
and pepper together. Place ¼ cup onto half of each tortilla shell.
2. Sprinkle no more than 2 tablespoons cheese over pumpkin filling.
3. Brush a little of the beaten egg along the edge of half of the shell. Fold
top half over filling and press edges together.
4. Place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Cut into 3 pie-shaped pieces, fan out on a plate and serve with salsa, sour
cream and refried beans.
Living Without, Fall 2004