Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
High in Flavor, Low in Fat - Savory Potato Salad
Take this potato salad to your Labor Day picnic. It’s low in fat, has lots of
color, and is definitely picnic-worthy!
6 medium potatoes
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
2 stalks scallions, finely chopped
¼ cup red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
¼ cup green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
1 hard boiled egg, finely chopped
6 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon mustard
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon dill weed
1. Wash potatoes, cut them in half, place them in a saucepan of cold water, and
cook over medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain potatoes, and dice them when they’re cool.
3. Add vegetables and egg to potatoes, and toss.
4. Blend together mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and dill weed.
5. Pour dressing over potato mixture and stir gently to coat evenly.
6. Chill for at least one hour before serving.
Makes 10 servings.
Total fat: 2 grams
Saturated fat: less than 1 gram
Cholesterol: 21 milligrams
Sodium: 212 milligrams
Total fiber: 2 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
Potassium: 291 milligrams
Keep the Beat: Heart Healthy Recipes, from the National Heart, Lung, and