Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
In the Kitchen: It’s Grilling Time Again
These vegetable kebabs in a Tandoori marinade are just the thing to get your grilling season off to an interesting start. The refreshing yogurt sauce provides a cool complement.
1 pound new potatoes, halved, quartered or cut into wedges
½ head of cauliflower, broken into florets
1 medium carrot, sliced 2 inches thick
1 medium onion, cubed
Tandoori Marinade (below)
Yogurt sauce (plain yogurt with chopped cucumber, cilantro, mint and salt and pepper to taste) for dipping, if desired
- Bring a medium-size pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and boil for 2 minutes more.
- Add the carrots and boil for 2 minutes more.
- Drain and plunge into cold water to stop the cooking, then drain again.
- Place the vegetables, including the onion, in a large bowl. Add the marinade and toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature while you prepare the fire. (You can also put the marinating vegetables in the refrigerator for up to 12 hours.)
- Prepare a medium hot fire in the grill.
- Place the vegetables on skewers and grill them, turning occasionally, until browned and tender, about 8 minutes.
- Serve hot, with raita on the side.