Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
3-Minute Burrito - Makes 1 burrito.
½ cups cooked or canned pinto beans or pinquitos (small brown beans), drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
2 tablespoons light or fat free sour cream
1 green onion, chopped
1/8 cup chunky salsa (mild or hot, depending on preference)
1 burrito size flour tortilla
1½ ounces reduced-fat Monterey jack or sharp cheddar cheese, grated (about a heaping 1/3 cup)
1. In small bowl, toss beans, cilantro if desired, sour cream, green onion, and salsa together.
2. Heat tortilla in microwave on a double thickness of paper towel for about 1 minute or until soft.
3. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the tortilla.
4. Spread bean mixture in center of tortilla. Fold bottom and top ends of tortilla in and roll up into a burrito.
5. Microwave one more minute or until burrito is heated through.
23.5 grams protein
53.5 grams carbohydrate
14.5 grams fat (7 grams saturated fat)
26 milligrams cholesterol
6 grams fiber
480 milligrams sodium
30 percent of calories from fat
Magee, E. Tell Me what to Eat if I have Diabetes. The Career Press, Franklin, New Jersey; 1999.