Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
Salmon is a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which are thought to be beneficial for people with arthritisIngredients
Fresh salmon fillets (allow 6 ounces per person)
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
1 small onion, sliced
1 stalk celery, sliced
2 slices lemon
Several sprigs parsley
½ bay leaf
12 black peppercorns
Salt to taste
1 cup dry white wine
Juice of ½ lemon
1. Rinse the salmon fillets under cold water and cut them into individual portions.
2. Place in a large pot the carrot, onion, celery, lemon slices, parsley, bay leaves and peppercorns.
3. Add the fish, cold water to cover, salt to taste, wine and lemon juice. Bring the pot to a boil, uncovered.
4. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
5. Turn off heat and leave the fish undisturbed for 10 minutes. Then remove carefully to a serving platter.
6. Serve fish warm or cold.
Serving size: 1 fillet per person
Fat 6 grams
Saturated fat: 1 gram
Protein: 35 grams
Carbohydrate: 8 grams
Cholesterol: 88 milligrams
Fiber: 2 grams
A Weil. Eating Well for Optimum Health. Alfred A Knopf, New York, New York, 2000