Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
Health Heart Recipes: Spinach Stuffed Sole
Non-stick cooking spray, as needed
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
½ pound fresh spinach, chopped
14 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
1 clove garlic, minced
1-½ pound sole fillets or other white fish
2 tablespoons sherry
4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Spray a 10x6-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in skillet; sauté mushrooms about 3 minutes or until tender
- Add spinach and continue cooking about 1 minute or until spinach is barely wilted. Remove from heat; drain liquid into prepared baking dish.
- Add oregano and garlic to drained sautéed vegetables; stir to mix ingredients
- Divide vegetable mixture evenly among fillets, placing filling in center of each.
- Roll fillet around mixture and place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sherry, then grated mozzarella cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Lift out with a slotted spoon.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: one fillet roll.
Total fat: 8 grams
Saturated fat: 4 grams
Cholesterol: 95 milligrams
Sodium: 312 milligrams
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute