Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
This recipe makes fish more interesting. You don't have to use sole. Any white fish will do.
Non-stick cooking spray, as needed.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 pound fresh spinach, chopped
1/4 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 pounds sole fillets or other white fish
2 tablespoons sherry
4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Spray a 10 by 6-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Heat oil in a skillet; sauté mushrooms about 3 minutes or until tender.
4. Add spinach and continue cooking about 1 minute or until spinach is barely wilted. Remove from heat; drain liquid into prepared baking dish.
5. Add oregano and garlic to drained sautéed vegetables; stir to mix ingredients.
6. Divide vegetable mixture evenly among fillets, placing filling in center of each.
7. Roll fillet around mixture and place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
8. Sprinkle with sherry, then grated mozzarella cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Lift out with a slotted spoon.
Yield; 4 servings. Serving size: one fillet roll.
Total fat: 8 grams
Saturated fat: 4 grams
Cholesterol: 95 milligrams
Sodium: 312 milligrams
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute