Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
Snappy Black Bean Soup
This crock-pot soup takes almost no time to put together. Then let the crock-pot do the rest of the work.
2 cups of black beans, rinsed and soaked overnight
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, pressed
2 teaspoons of cumin
2 cups of chicken broth
1 cup salsa from a jar
1. In a crock pot, place your soaked black beans.
2. In a skillet, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic together for 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
3. Add this mixture to the crock pot.
4. Add cumin and chicken broth and cook on low all day, about 8 hours.
5. Stir the salsa in just before serving.
You can serve this delicious soup tossed with sour cream and green onions, if you like.
3 grams total fat
8 grams of protein
23 grams of carbohydrate
0 milligrams of cholesterol
223 milligrams of sodium