Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
Cantaloupe Slush with Mango
This is a refreshing snack or dessert that gives you three servings of fruit.
It's especially nice on a hot day, and if you're experiencing loss of appetite
due to cancer treatment, this goes down easily.
1 medium-sized cantaloupe
Juice of half a lemon
2 teaspoons honey
1. Peel and seed cantaloupe and cut into 1-inch pieces. It should equal about
2. Place in blender or food processor with lemon juice and honey. Puree until
3. Pour mixture into a shallow 9 by 12 glass pan and set in the freezer for
4. With a fork, chip and stir the icy mixture and return it to the freezer for
to 4 hours.
5. Peel and cut the mango into long, attractive slices, avoiding the pit.
6. Again, chip the frozen mixture with a fork, chip the cantaloupe mixture so
it resembles a snow cone or shaved ice.
Makes four servings.
Fat: 0.5 grams
Saturated fat: 0 grams
Carbohydrate: 37 grams
Protein: 3 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 63 milligrams
National Institutes of Health