Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
Alaska Salmon and Three Bean Salad
This will be a stunner at your
Memorial Day picnic.
1 14.75-ounce can Alaska Salmon
8 ounces tender green beans, halved
1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
½ cucumber, chopped into chunks
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
6 green onions, finely sliced
A handful of young fresh spinach leaves or watercress
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons grainy mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Drain and chunk Alaska salmon,
removing any skin and bones. Cover and set aside.
2. Cook green beans in lightly salted boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes, until
just tender. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
3. Transfer beans to a salad bowl, and add cannellini and pinto beans.
4. Add cucumber, cherry tomatoes, green onions and spinach; toss together
5. Add salmon chunks and toss again, gently.
Mix together olive oil, lemon juice and mustard. Add salt and pepper. Pour
over salad just before serving, tossing gently to combine with ingredients.
Serves 4 people.
Per serving: 382 calories, 17 grams of total fat, 3 grams of saturated fat,
27 grams of carbohydrate, 28 grams of protein, 58 milligrams of cholesterol,
9 grams of dietary fiber, 981 milligrams of sodium, 313 milligrams of calcium,
1.9 grams omega-3 fatty acids.