Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
Healthy Recipe: Chicken Marsala
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup flour
4 chicken breasts, boned, skinless
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup Marsala wine
½ cup chicken stock, skim fat from top
½ cup fresh lemon juice
½ cup sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1. Mix together pepper, salt and flour. Coat chicken with seasoned flour.
2. In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil. Place chicken breast in skillet and
brown on both sides. Then remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
3. To the skillet, add wine and stir until the wine is heated. Add juice, stock
4. Stir to toss, reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce is
5. Return browned chicken breasts to skillet. Spoon sauce over the chicken.
6. Cover and cook for about 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
7. Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Yields 4 servings.
Total fat 8 grams
Saturated fat 2 grams
Cholesterol 77 milligrams
Sodium 304 milligrams
Calcium 55 milligrams
Iron 5 milligrams
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute