Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
Gluten Free Date Bars
For all of those who have
celiac disease or who have friends and family with the disease.
¾ cup any gluten free flour
mix (¼ cup rice flour, ¼ cup sweet rice flour and ¼ cup cornstarch will work)
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon unflavored,
1/ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup chopped dates (generous)
1 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Butter for brushing baking
- Adjust rack one-third up from bottom of the oven and preheat oven to 375
- Line a 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil and brush or spread butter or
dairy free alternative over foil.
- In a medium sized bowl, thoroughly mix together flour, baking powder,
baking soda, gelatin, cinnamon, salt and sugar.
- Add the chop.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla well and add to other ingredients. Stir
thoroughly until the dry ingredients have been moistened.
- Spread dough evenly in prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from
oven, let stand for 10 minutes. Cover with rack and invert.
- Remove pan and foil, cover with rack, invert and let cool right side up.
- Cut into bars or squares.
permission from Living Without, America's #1 magazine for people with
allergies and food sensitivities. Visit
www.LivingWithout.com for more delicious recipes or to subscribe.
Living Without, Fall 2005