Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
Cantaloupe Slush with Mango
This is a refreshing snack or dessert that gives you three
servings of fruit. It’s especially nice on a hot day, and if you’re experiencing
loss of appetite due to cancer treatment, this goes down easily.
1 medium-sized cantaloupe
Juice of half a lemon
2 teaspoons honey
1. Peel and seed cantaloupe and cut into 1-inch pieces. It should equal
about 6 cups.
2. Place in blender or food processor with lemon juice and honey. Puree
until very smooth.
3. Pour mixture into a shallow 9 by 12 glass pan and set in the freezer for
4. With a fork, chip and stir the icy mixture and return it to the freezer
for to 4 hours.
5. Peel and cut the mango into long, attractive slices, avoiding the pit.
6. Again, chip the frozen mixture with a fork, chip the cantaloupe mixture
so it resembles a snow cone or shaved ice.
Makes four servings.
National Institutes of Health