Mercy Makes a Difference...
If you are thinking of giving your time and energy to help others through volunteer service, you may wonder why you should volunteer for Mercy.
The answer is our Mission.
"Mercy extends the healing ministry of Jesus by improving the health of our communities with emphasis on people who are poor and under-served". Our facilities are more than hospitals. We are committed to providing the highest quality care.
Why Volunteer at a Mercy facility?
There's no better place to seek the personal satisfaction of giving than at one of our health care facilities. Our staff is committed to the patients and families with an outstanding tradition for providing the best personalized care. It reflects in everyone who works and volunteers. Volunteer and see not only a difference in others but also in yourself. Volunteering helps you:
- Gain satisfaction and happiness in doing for others
- Provide self-fulfillment and well-being
- Develop new friendships
- Use your skills and talents
- Reduce stress by keeping active
- Feel Younger
- Give purpose to your life
Volunteers serve in almost every department from Information to Surgery Family Waiting Rooms, Emergency and Clerical opportunities. Wherever volunteers serve, their presence is felt and their service is valuable. Our requirements include:
- General interest in the hospital and its needs
- 18 years of age or older, except for teen programs at several of our hospitals
- Observe strict confidentiality
- Commitment to a regular schedule
- Obtain Health Clearance from your doctor
- Provide a personal reference
- Commit to 40 hours of service in a ten week period of time
How to Apply
If you are ready to accept the challenge and enjoy the personal rewards of providing important services to patients at one of our Mercy facilities, please fill out our Volunteer Interest Form. We will contact you with more information on volunteering at the hospital you've indicated.