Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center
Mercy St. Vincent Oncology Administration
Screenings, community education and outreach - 419-251-5897
Patient and Family Support Services - 419-407-1186
Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center offers comprehensive diagnostic services supported by a highly trained team of professionals committed to providing excellence in technology, quality and service. Diagnostic facilities are conveniently located both on campus or nearby in area suburbs. Services include:
Routine and advanced radiologic services including imaging techniques, which are used to diagnose and evaluate patients before, during and after treatment, such as:
- Stereotactic breast biopsy, an extremely reliable nonsurgical procedure used to diagnose small abnormalities, which cannot be felt by hand. Mammography is combined with computer-assisted needle biopsy to obtain breast tissue samples, making this procedure far less invasive than conventional surgery.
- Mammography Services at Mercy Women's Care which is accredited by the American College of Radiology and are FDA approved.
- MRI services, which provide a safe, painless and noninvasive method for viewing the inside of the body without utilizing the radiation present in x-rays.
- Nuclear medicine services feature SPECT and planar gamma cameras with high quality images produced by state-of-the-art data processing computers.
- High-speed C.T. scanners.
- Interventional radiology.
Complete pathology services provide critical diagnostic information needed to determine treatment. Specialized laboratory services include:
- Flow Cytometry, an advanced method to look at a cancer cell's growth and development.
- Tumor Markers, which indicate characteristics on certain cancer cells.
Endoscopy services permit visual examination of the stomach, esophagus, colon, lung and bladder. Biopsies can be taken for examination by the pathologist.
A Highly Specialized Oncology Team
Our team consists of surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pharmacists, oncology certified nursing specialists, radiation therapists, licensed psychologists, nutritionists, patient navigators and social workers dedicated to providing the most effective diagnosis and treatment available.
The Most Advanced Treatments
The Mercy Cancer Center brings area residents some of the newest, most sophisticated cancer treatments available. And along with pioneering treatments, we offer a team of highly trained cancer specialists who provide the highest quality of care, with equal measures of compassion and expertise. The Center also offers an 8-bed Palliative Care unit and consultation service is available for those with chronic illness and for end of life issues. Clinical activities focus on comfort interventions for both the patient and family.
The area's leading surgical care:
- A state-of-the-art surgery center.
- Comprehensive inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures.
- Since 2003, Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center has offered patients the latest in minimally-invasive surgical approaches through Robotic Surgery using the da Vinci® system.
- Prostate Cancer
A dedicated Oncology Inpatient Unit
Our Cancer Center provides a 20-bed dedicated inpatient oncology unit for the care of cancer patients. Nurses are specially trained in cancer care including chemotherapy administration, side effects, and pain management.