Employee Assistance Program
"A Tradition of Promoting Healthy Individuals and Organizational Well-Being"
What Sets Us Apart
Human resource and organizational leaders know too well the importance of recruiting and retaining good employees. As an integral part of a Human Resources Division, the Mercy Employee Assistance Program services over 40,000 people locally. This strategic partnership assures our clients that we not only understand your employees' individual needs but also the larger goals of your organization. We are in the business of preserving and even improving your bottom line by offering an efficient and effective Employee Assistance Program product tailored to your specific needs and focused on reducing health care costs and improving productivity and employee morale. In northwest Ohio and southern Michigan, we are the oldest established employee assistance program and offer an array of EAP services. We maintain distinctiveness over other providers as the only provider operating within a comprehensive healthcare system which offers a complete continuum of services including wellness, psychiatry, occupational medicine, home healthcare, cardiology, and oncology.
Why employers and employees need EAPs
- The average American worker misses three or four days of work per year because of family responsibilities.
- Workday interruptions of at least one hour per week for working caregivers cost $6.3 billion annually (Source: Met Life, 2006).
- One in every six employees has personal problems that directly affect productivity.
- Employees who experience work/family conflicts are three times as likely to think about quitting their jobs.
Recent studies of workplaces with EAPs indicate:
- Work loss was avoided in 60% of cases and 72% of these cases showed improved work productivity with an average gain of 43%.
- Lower inpatient and outpatient medical costs resulting in a 6:1 return on investment.
- Decreases in overall behavioral health benefits costs.