Mercy Cardiothoracic Surgical Associates
Front Row: Fayyaz Hashmi, M.D.; Jamie Holland, M.D.; Jim Burdine, M.D.
Back Row: Nichole Wright, P.A.; Paul Brown, P.A.; Adam Carruthers, P.A.
Welcome to Mercy’s Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, part of the Mercy Heart & Vascular Center. In this region, our cardiothoracic surgeons provide some of the most advanced cardiothoracic surgical services, delivered compassionately. We surgically treat diseases that affect organs in the chest, conditions involving heart, lung, esophagus and great vessels.Fayyaz Hashmi, MD; Medical Director
, leads Mercy’s team of nationally-recognized cardiothoracic surgeons. In addition to performing traditional cardiothoracic surgical procedures our surgeons specialize in:
- minimally invasive and robotic surgery
- complex valve repair and replacement
- totally endoscopic coronary bypass surgery
- hybrid revascularization
- transmyocardial laser revascularization
- MAZE procedure for atrial fibrillation (AF)
- off-pump coronary artery bypass using arterial grafts
- multi-modality approach to lung cancer surgery and treatment
- video-assisted lung resection
- robotically-assisted lung resection with node dissection
- thoracic aortic surgery including aneurysm and dissection repair
- cardiothoracic surgical research
As a Mercy patient you will benefit from our surgeons’ multidisciplinary team approach to your care. Your surgeon will work closely with your physician and other Mercy clinical care providers including cardiologists, pulmonologists, perfusionists, nurses, and anesthesiologists to accurately and effectively pursue the most appropriate treatment plan.
Mercy’s cardiothoracic surgeons are supported by an expert staff. Our surgical associates, nurse practitioners, and administrative personnel are all dedicated to providing you with the best possible care, answers to your questions, and any assistance necessary to ensure a successful surgery, recovery, and healthy post-operative lifestyle!
View our 2013 Mercy Heart and Vascular Services Report to the Community