Mercy Cardiothoracic Surgical Associates
Jamie Holland, MD, Christopher Phillips, MD, Fayyaz Hashmi, MD
Welcome to Mercy’s Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, part of the Mercy Heart & Vascular Center. In this region, our cardiothoracic surgeons provide some of the most advanced cardiothoracic surgical services, delivered compassionately. We surgically treat diseases that affect organs in the chest, conditions involving heart, lung, esophagus and great vessels.
Fayyaz Hashmi, MD
Dr. Hashmi is Medical Director for the Mercy Health Cardiothoracic Surgical Associates. He is a board-certified cardiothoracic surgeon with more than 30 years of experience in cardiovascular surgery.
Christopher Phillips, MD
- Graduated from King Medical College, Lahore, Pakistan
- Completed residency at University of Connecticut , Hartford, CT and University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, KY
- Specializes in daVinci® robotic surgery, minimally invasive valve repairs and replacement, minimally invasive MAZE procedure, thoracic aortic surgery and off-pump bypass surgery
Dr. Christopher Phillips is serves as the Executive Medical Director and Lead Surgeon of Mercy Health’s cardiothoracic surgery department. An experienced cardiac surgeon, Dr. Phillips has pioneered the development of a new procedure that provides a more accurate and safer placement of a device used to reduce strokes directly related to atrial fibrillation.
Jamie Holland II, MD
- Degree from Ross University School of Medicine, Dominica, West Indies
- Completed residency in general surgery at University at Buffalo in Buffalo, NY and fellowship in thoracic and cardiovascular surgery at Indiana University in Indianapolis, IN
- Specializes in valve repair and replacement, coronary artery bypass surgery, and small incision heart and lung procedures
- Experience with rare and unique procedures, such as the off-pump ascending aneurysm repair and the Florida Sleeve procedure
Dr. Holland is a board-certified cardiothoracic surgeon who has treated the heart in all stages of health and disease for over 20 years.
- Graduated from Indiana University School of Medicine.
- Post graduate and fellowship residencies
- Cardiothoracic fellowship at the Miami University, Miami, FL
- General surgery residency at the Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Cardiac surgery fellowship at the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, NIH
- Expert in the treatment of valvular haert disease with extensvive experience in valve repair and the surgical treatment of heart failure