Mercy Defiance Clinic Rehab
The professional staff of licensed physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, and athletic trainers provides patients with individualized rehabilitation programs that help them get back to their normal lifestyles quickly. These professionals also educate patients on how to maintain a pain-free lifestyle after rehabilitation.
Commonly referred diagnosis:
- Work injury
- Muscle and joint pain
- Neck and back pain
- Sports injury
- Joint replacement
- Neurological disorders
- Spinal cord injury
- Balance difficulties
- Urinary incontinence
Our state-of-the-art aquatic rehabilitation pool features three depths to accommodate all heights, spa jets, current generator for aggressive strength and balance training. A chair lift is used to transfer patients who may need assistance into the pool. Private showers and lockers are conveniently located near the pool.
The Occupational Therapy department at Pro Rehab includes registered and licensed occupational therapist and certified occupational therapy assistant. The professional staff creates an individualized plan of care in order to increase the patient’s independence with daily functioning.
Commonly referred diagnoses:
- Work injury involving the upper extremity
- Cumulative trauma disorders (Carpal Tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, etc.)
- Post operations to correct Trigger Finger, Carpal Tunnel Release, Dequerveins Tenosynovitis, Dupetren’s ontracture, etc
- Digit/hand amputation
- Fractures, sprains, strains of the upper extremity
- Traumatic accidents (burns, amputations, crush injury, etc.)
- Sports injury involving the upper extremity
- Neurological deficits resulting from TBI, CVA, trauma, etc.
- Developmental Delay
The speech therapy department consists of two full-time speech language pathologists (SLP) certified by the American Speech Language Hearing Association. These SLPs create an individualized program to assist patients in reaching the highest functional form of communication possible. They rehabilitate patients who have difficulty swallowing. The SLPs at Rehab have special certification for swallowing, including Vital Stim (a neuromuscular electrical stimulation therapy for swallowing), electrical stimulation, and Deep Pharyngeal Neuromuscular Stimulation (DPNS) (a thermal stimulation technique to rehabilitate the swallow). The SLPs have training in Kaufman Speech Language Protocol for children with speech concerns. They also have experience with American Sign Language, Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), and augmentative communication (AAC) devices.
Commonly referred diagnoses:
- Dysphagia (difficulty swallowing)
- Articulation/phonological (speech) impairment
- Language delays
- Cognitive impairments (including attention, memory, reasoning, and problem solving)
- Apraxia of speech
- Dysarthria of speech
- Voice disorders
- Neurological/degenerative disorders (E.g., MS, ALS, CVA, TBI, etc.)
- Developmental delays
Returning patients to work in a timely and safe manner is top priority.
- Rehabilitation programs based on specific work activities
- Job site analysis/ergonomic assessments
- Functional capacity evaluations
- Post-offer/pre-placement screenings
- Work risk analysis/job hazard identification
- Management and employee education (back schools, neck/arm/CTD schools)
- Ergo team training
- Transitional work/light duty development (Rehab features a BWC-accredited transitional work developer)
- On-site physical therapy services
Rehab athletic trainers
provide on-site athletic training services
for area high schools as well as the following:
Patients may continue to use our top-of-the-line exercise equipment for up to three months after they successfully complete supervised physical therapy. Individuals exercise independently, but they have the benefit of immediate access to licensed professionals to address their concerns and ensure safe exercise progression.
Rehab has a dedicated staff of licensed physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, athletic trainers, and receptionists. They strive to maintain the highest professional standards, to deliver the best care possible, and to treat all patients with sensitivity and respect.
Rehab also provides physical therapy and sports medicine services at Defiance Clinic's Napoleon facility.
Mercy Defiance Clinic Hours
Mon., Wed., and Thur. 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Mercy Napoleon Clinic Hours
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Physical therapy unavailable Thursday afternoons.