Mercy Health - Children's Hospital
Kohl's Kids in Action
Healthy eating guidelines are based on the age of your child. Offer a variety of colorful foods everyday.
- Include low-fat milk or dairy products.
- Choose lean meats, poultry, fish, lentils and beans for protein.
- Provide plenty of vegetables, fresh fruits and whole grain products.
- Limit 100% juice to 6 ounces a day if your child is 6 years of age or younger, and for older children less than 12 ounces a day.
- Limit access to sugar-added fruit drinks and soda, as these tend to replace milk in children's diets.
- Eat meals as a family when possible. Parents should model good eating habits. Turn off the TV, computer and video games during meals and snacks.
|Low fat Dairy